Course detailsThe first module of the course introduces the topic and gives helpful information on how to approach an accident, injured person, or someone in need of help. This module also covers the commitment that places of work have, to have employees trained in first aid.
Touched upon in the proceeding module, module 2 discusses the role of the person who is first on scene/ the first responder, it also discusses environmental considerations and guides students through some situations that they may find themselves in. Also outlined here is what you should have in a basic first aid kit and what a natural or holistic first aid kit should include.
Moving directly on from module 2, module 3 shows you how to assess a patient and talks through how to perform CPR on adults, children, and infants. Also taught is: how to correctly monitor a pulse, how to get someone into the recovery position and why you would do this, and when a Public Access Defibrillator (PAD) should be used.
Each of the modules 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 of the First Aid Diploma Course go into specific areas of first aid, discussing when and how treatment should be given and in which situation you would not use certain techniques to treat a patient. These are the practical modules that give you step-by-step instruction on how to assess a patient and give relevant care to patients suffering from: choking and anaphylaxis, heat and cold conditions, burns and scalds, bleeding and shock, or bone and tissue injuries.
Module 9 summarises what has been learnt in the previous modules, whilst also teaching what to do in a medical emergency and discussing first aid in the context of the law.
- Module 1: What is First Aid?
- Module 2: First On Scene
- Module 3: Initial Patient Contact
- Module 4: Choking and Anaphylaxis
- Module 5: Heat and Cold
- Module 6: Burns and Scalds
- Module 7: Bleeding and Shock
- Module 8: Bone and Tissue Injuries
- Module 9: First Aid Diploma
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs