This course explores some of the basic financial functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Students will be introduced to set up processes in General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and the Bank module, as well as how to enter transactions in each.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up General Ledger.
- Set up a Chart of Accounts.
- Set up Journals.
- Enter General Ledger Transactions.
- Set up Sales Tax Components.
- Set up Reason Codes and use the Fill Utility.
- Set up Bank Accounts and Bank Parameters.
- Enter Bank Transactions.
- Set up Accounts Payable.
- Enter Accounts Payable Transactions.
- Set up Accounts Receivable.
- Enter Accounts Receivable Transaction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Grasp of basic accounting knowledge and terms.
- Module 1: General Ledger SetupThis module explains how to work with the chart of accounts and it's multiple dimensions. These dimensions may be used to track profits, cost centers, and other financial information. Allocation rules and methods are also discussed in this course.
- Module 2: Chart of Accounts SetupThis module discusses the set up of the chart of accounts. Topics include account categories, creating new accounts, defining account information and creating ledgers.
- Module 3: Journal SetupThis module explains the basic setup procedures for journals, including journal names, controls, and texts.
- Module 4: General Ledger Daily ProceduresThis module focuses on journal management and journal transactions. Review, change and modification of journals are discussed in this course.
- Module 5: Sales Tax SetupThis module introduces the functionality available for handling sales tax in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Information regarding tax calculations options, posting and reporting can be handled is discussed along with how to enter sales tax transactions.
- Module 6: Financial FeaturesThis module focuses on features that are used across the various financial modules of Microsoft Dynamics AX. Topics include financial reason codes and the fill utility.
- Module 7: Cash and Bank Management SetupThis module introduces the concepts and methods used to create and maintain bank accounts. Topics include setting up bank accounts, bank transactions types, transaction groups, bank parameters and payment purpose codes.
- Module 8: Cash and Bank Management Daily ProceduresThis module focuses on the available processes to manage bank transactions including creating checks, deleting checks, voiding checks, creating a bank deposit entry, reverse a check payment, bank remittances, refund checks and bank statement reconciliation.
- Module 9: Accounts Payable SetupThis module describes the different Accounts Payable setup options. It discusses setup procedures and defaults including topics such as payment options, vendor setup and posting profiles.
- Module 10: Accounts Payable Daily ProceduresThis module discusses the various invoice journals in the Accounts Payable module. It describes what to use each invoice journal for, and how to enter transactions in each journal.
- Module 11: Accounts Receivable SetupThis module introduces the setup procedures and defaults used in the Accounts Receivable module. Topics discussed include creating payment schedules, terms of payment, payment days, payment fees, and methods of payment. Setting up customers, customer groups and posting profiles are also discussed.
- Module 12: Accounts Receivable Daily ProceduresThis module discusses the free text invoice and payment journal and various other Accounts Receivable transactions that you use on a day to day basis in Accounts Receivable.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses