The objectives of this diploma is to understand the definitions, concepts, tools and techniques in financial and management accounting and The second part of the diploma examines the management accounting for decision making.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand the Key Accounting and Financial Terms.
- Know the Contents of the Financial Statements.
- Use Different Analytical Techniques and Ratio.
- Use The Analysis In Financial Decision-Making Process
What You Will Cover:
Module 1: An Introduction to Accounting and the Accounting Equation
- What accounting is?
- Who are the users of a company’s accounting information?
- The accounting equation.
- The financial statements.
- Forms of business.
Module 2: The Profit and Loss Account
- What is profit?
- Types of inventory in a manufacturing company.
- Inventory valuation methods.
- Valuation of work-in-progress and finished goods.
- Depreciation of fixed assets
Module 3: The Balance Sheet
- The anatomy of the balance sheet.
- Fixed assets.
- Current assets.
- Current liabilities.
- Fixed assets not owned by the company.
- Net current assets and net assets.
- Uses of profits.
Module 4: The Cash Flow Statement
- What is ‘cash’ in a cash flow statement?
- Where does cash’ come from?
- Where does cash’ go to?
- Major categories of cash flow.
- Statement of cash flows.
Module 5: Interpretation of Financial Statements
Introduction: Why Interpret F.S?
- Group 1: Liquidity Ratios
- Group 2: Profitability Ratios.
- Group 3: Capital Structure Ratios
- Group 4: Efficiency Ratios
Module 6: Cost Characteristics and Behavior
- Variable and fixed costs.
- Direct and indirect costs.
- Product costs and period costs.
- Controllable and non-controllable costs.
- Standard and actual costs.
- Profit from different cost structures.
- The break-even chart.
Module 7: Standard Costing
- Setting standards.
- Flexible budgets.
- The anatomy of variances: materials and labor.
- Responsibility for variances.
- Variable and fixed overhead analysis.
- Investigation of variances.
- Sales variances.
Module 8: Budgeting
- Budget definition.
- Types of budgets?
- Case study.