- Locations: Rue Mexique, Kantari, Beirut, Lebanon P.O.Box: 11-1748, Riad el Solh, 11072090 Beirut, Lebanon
- Duration: 2 to 3 Years
The Faculty of Business Administration and Economics at Haigazian University offers a degree program leading to the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
The Haigazian University MBA program is designed to develop the student’s analytical, decision making and problem solving capabilities such that he/she might be able to meet the challenges of leadership in professional management positions within the current marketplace and in the business world of the future.
On completing the MBA program the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the necessary analytical skills to diagnose business problems and offer innovative solutions
- Demonstrate leadership and team membership skills needed for identifying goals, coordinating organizational activities and developing action plans to implement necessary transformations
- Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are altering business methods and practices
- Display the ability to effectively manage conflict
The MBA program is open to students with a Bachelor’s degree in non-business or in business fields from an accredited institution. The program may require between 39 and 64 credit hours depending on the student’s prior academic preparation, and it can be completed in two years of full-time study. The MBA can be pursued on either a full-time or part-time basis.
Students may choose to specialize in different areas:
- General MBA
- Human Resources Management
About Haigazian University
Haigazian University is named in honor of Dr. Armenag Haigazian, former headmaster of the Jenanian Apostolic Institute of Konya, Turkey. Dr. Haigazian was a highly respected educator who received his Ph.D. from Yale University and returned to Turkey to serve his Armenian compatriots. When the "ethnic cleansing" of the Armenians began, Dr. Haigazian had the opportunity to escape to the United States, but he chose to stay and continue his ministry. Later, he, along with many Armenian intellectuals, was rounded up to be driven to the Syrian desert. Dr. Haigazian died on the way in the prison of Kharpert .
Concurrently, eight Armenian colleges were also destroyed in Turkey. Although these aspects of education and service were brought to an end, the dream continued in the minds of Dr. Haigazian's descendants and others. The Mehagian family (Mary Mehagian and Florence Mehagian-Guertmenian) of Phoenix, Arizona, close relatives of Dr. Haigazian, donated capital through the AMAA and worked hand in hand with Stephen Philibosian to get Haigazian College started.
The University was founded , by the Union of Armenian Evangelical Churches in the Near East (UAECNE) and the Armenian Missionary Association of America (AMAA) as a liberal arts college to assist in the preparation of teachers and pastors.See all Haigazian University courses