- Locations: 39 El-Hegaz St. (off Wadi El-Nil) Mohandeseen Giza - Egypt
- Duration: TBA
A general understanding of Finance for Non-Financial Managers is needed in any business environment where individuals have to manage budgets or costs, or to take responsibility for revenue or expenditure. With the increasing emphasis on business results, it is necessary for every manager to know and understand some of the techniques and actions necessary to ensure that their unit achieves its objectives; both in terms of task and in terms of financial goals.
This two-day workshop is designed to enable individuals to gain better control over the finances involved in their job.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of accounting procedures
- Define basic financial terminology
- Read and understand a Balance Sheet
- Read and understand a Profit and Loss Statement
- Understand liquidity is critical to business success
- Read and understand cash flow forecasts and budgets
The Importance of Accounts
- Why are accounts needed?
- Who needs accounts?
- Where did the money come from?
- Where did the money go to?
Accounting for Business
- Three prime accounting questions:
- How are we doing?
- How did we do?
- How are we going to do?
- Published Accounts
- Typical layout of a Balance Sheet
- Fixed assets
- Current assets
- Creditors (Due within one year)
- Creditors (Do after more than one year
- Net current assets
- Share Capital
Profit and Loss Account
- Typical layout of a Profit and Loss Account
- Revenue/Sales income
- Cost of goods sold
- Gross profit
- Profit before interest and tax/operating profit
- Interest earned and interest paid
- Profit before tax
- Profit after tax
- Retained profit
- Cash flow
The Importance of Liquidity (Cash)
- What is liquidity?
- Factors affecting cash flow
- What it costs to maintain liquidity
- Cash flow forecasts
- Short-term cash flow forecasting
- Long-term cash flow forecasting (1-5 years)
- Forecasts and budgets
- Fixed costs
- Variable costs
- Semi-variable costs (or indirect overheads)
- Total costs
- Other types of cost
- Opportunity costs
- Transaction costs
- What is a budget?
- Budgets – discussion
- Plans into action
About BLI Consulting & Training
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses