No-one in business will succeed if they are not financially literate – and no business will succeed without financially-literate people. This is the ideal program for managers and others who don’t have a financial qualification or background but who nonetheless need a greater understanding of the financial management disciplines essential to your organization.
This course will give the participants a sound understanding of financial reports, measures and techniques to make them even more effective in their roles. It will enable participants to:
- Overcome the barrier of the accountants’ strange language
- Deal confidently with financial colleagues
- Improve their understanding of your organization’s finance function
- Radically improve their planning and budgeting skills
- Be much more aware of the impact of their decisions on the profitability of your organization
- Enhance their role in the organization
- Boost their confidence and career development
- This course is designed to be relevant to all levels of staff, and can be adjusted to suit the specific participants and, of course, the organization itself.
Part (1) Accounting language:
- Introducing Accounting
- What are financial statements and their meaning
- Balance sheets and P&L accounts (income statements)
- Detailed terminology and interpretation
- Working capital, equity, earning
- Where the figures come from
- Accounting records
- Assets / liabilities, Income / expenditure
- The ‘rules’ – Accounting Standards, concepts and conventions
- Fundamental accounting concepts
- Detailed accounting concepts and conventions
- Accounting policies that most affect reporting and results
- Special Accounting topics and its effect on business:
Part (2) How to build right financial decision:
- “Cash is the king” You will become acquainted with the statement
- Liquidity via profitability.
- Credit policies.
- What are costs? How to account for them
- Cost definitions
- Full / absorption costing
- Overheads – overhead allocation or absorption
- Activity based costing
- Marginal costing / break-even – use in planning
- Cost measurement and controlling
- Budgets and how to prepare them for the organizations goals
- Have clear objectives, remit, responsibilities and time schedule
- The business plan
- Links with corporate strategy
- The budget cycle
- Links with company culture
- Budgeting methods
- Reviewing budgets
- Responding to the figures
- How the statements can be interpreted
- What published accounts contain
- Analytical review (ratio analysis)
- Return on capital employed, margins and profitability
- Making assets work – asset turnover
- Fixed assets, debtor, stock turnover
- Responding to figures
About High Professional Advisros(HPA)
hpa was founded in 2004 as a joint stock company and is one of the leading companies specialized in the fields of training, consultancy, and recruitment .
- their experience in the Egyptian labor market extended to more than 10 years.
- their previous business with the largest local and international organizations working in Egypt reflects the history of hpa and the applied quality standard.
- All their Calibers, Consultants and trainers are professionals with practical
- experiences at seniority or managerial levels to guarantee a high level of accuracy and effectiveness of professional experience acquired by their Participants.
- All of their Training programs are designed and tailored to their clients with the utmost accuracy by their Research and Development pision, based on the real needs of their client and the labor market to keep their Participants updated with what’s current in the market.
- their team believes that the real development of knowledge and skills depends on participation, practicing and benefits from the experiences and expertise not on memorization and lecturing.
- they are distinguished by their Knowledge and database of the real labor
- market’s needs that are derived by their team of hundreds of consultants,
- professionals, experts, managers and also the decision-makers of companies and organizations in a various fields of economic and business activities in Egypt. This emphasizes the size of experiences they are always keen to provide to their clients.
- Besides training they also provide Recruitment and Consulting services, which allow us to add a vision, and expertise to their clients.
- hpa training programs’ certificates are accredited by more than 5 of the
- largest international professional bodies specialized in training all over the world.
- hpa applies international standards in quality measurements and test systems and is an Internationally Accredited Testing Center.