- Price JOD 1,769
- Locations Petro Tech
This conference provides an introduction to finance and accounting for those who have no prior knowledge of this business area. It is designed to train the participants to support operational and financial processes. Those attending this conference will gain a clear understanding of the essential terminology of finance and accounting. They will also learn the principles and techniques of accounting systems through practical examples and exercises.
The overall aim of the conference is to ensure that those who attend will be able to perform more effectively and efficiently within the workplace.
The highlights of this conference will be:
- The basic principles of accounting clearly explained
- Knowledge and confidence in accounting for a range of business transactions will be developed by using straightforward worked examples
- Simple but effective tools for analysing your business performance and position
- Basic cost accounting principles that help to ensure your business is efficient and profitable
- How and why the use of budgets can help to achieve overall business targets and objectives
At the end of this seminar participants will:
- Appreciate the importance of the accounting and finance function, and how it links with every part of the organisation, and its suppliers, customers, shareholders, lenders, and society in general
- Understand commonly used finance and accounting terminology thereby allowing them to make a valuable contribution to the workplace in meetings or in a supportive role
- Understand the principles of accounting for routine business transactions
- Be able to summarise the results of business transactions over a period of time, and prepare simple financial statements, including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- Be able to analyse and compare company performance using basic ratios
- Understand how costing and budgeting techniques can help the company to maintain efficiency and profitability
This conference is highly interactive: in the very first session you will be working with case exercises and solving problems. You will be encouraged to make the link between the training room and your office and organisation. The programme will utilise a range of learning methodologies, including short presentations with opportunity for question and answer, exercises and mini cases to develop knowledge and skills, and group discussions where you can share your opinions and experiences with your fellow delegates.
As a result of attending this seminar your employees will:
- Be able to make more effective contributions to workplace meetings and discussions
- Have the knowledge and skills to assist their managers more effectively
- Appreciate the importance of finance within their organisation
- Be motivated to use their acquired skills and knowledge to add value to their role within the organisation
- Understand and be able to interpret basic financial statements and reports
- Be more willing to take ownership of financial responsibilities in their organisational role
What will the employee gain from attending this seminar?
- You will acquire skills and knowledge that will help your personal development within the organisation
- You will improve your working role
- You will become more aware of the major issues facing your business
- It will enable you to further your professional skills.
- It will enable you to liaise effectively with line managers and other departments
- It will improve your status in the organisation as those around you realise and appreciate your knowledge and understanding
Introduction to Finance and Accounting
- What is accounting? What is finance?
- What are the major sources of Long-term and Short-term finance?
- What is Financial Accounting ?
- What is Management Accounting?
- Simple rules of double-entry bookkeeping that can be applied to all financial transactions
- How to record the things you buy and the things you sell
- How to record business payments and receipts
- What is depreciation? - explanation of the various methods and their impact on profit
The Financial Statements
- How to prepare basic financial statements - the Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
- The key elements of financial statements defined and explained
- How is profit calculated?
- The difference between revenue & capital expenditure
- Assets - current and non-current
- Liabilities - current and non-current
- The meaning of working capital
- Company net worth
- Profit or cash - what is the difference?
- Published Annual Reports for stockholders
Basic Evaluation of Financial Statements
- Why do we need to evaluate financial statements?
- Who are the stakeholders and what are their information needs?
- How to 'common-size' financial statements for ease of comparison
- How to calculate accounting ratios
- How to use ratio analysis to assess performance
- Profitability ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Operating efficiency ratios
- Gearing ratios
- The Cash Flow Cycle and Working Capital
- Valuing a company - Book Value versus Market Value
Introduction to Costing Systems
- Collecting and analysing costs
- Types of cost analysis: by type, by location, by behaviour, by purpose
- What are overheads, and how should we analyse them?
- What is the Cost of Production - Marginal and Total Costing explained
- What is inventory, and how does it affect the cost of production?
- Methods of valuing inventory - FIFO, LIFO, and AVCO explained
- Marginal Costing - how costs and profit vary with vlume
- How to measure the break-even point and the margin of safety
- What-if Analysis
- Why do we need budgets? - the link between corporate strategy and operations at all levels of the organisation
- The benefits & limitations of budgets
- The key features of budgets
- Basic budget forecasting techniques
- How to prepare a departmental budget
- Comparing actual performance with the budget - Variance Analysis
- Do budgets motivate or de-motivate?
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.