- Fees / Price MYR 4,500
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Kuala Lumpur
In this program you will learn about...
Analysis of Conditions of Contract for projects involving Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering Maintenance Construction Works using Contracts based on the FIDIC Standard Forms.
In the workshop you can prefer to work on any one of the following contract types
- Civil Project Conditions
- Electrical-Mechanical Project Conditions
- Turn Key Contract Conditions
In this program you will understand and learn how to handle...
- Major Practical Issues and Present Problems
- Industry Standard Terminology
- Industry Methodologies, Standards Best Practices
- Introduction to FIDIC Form of Contracts
- Rights, Obligations and Responsibilities of each of the parties to the Contract
- Analysis, Recommended Contract Administration Procedures to be followed for each of the Contract Provisions and possible Situations:-
- Delegation of Authority. Supervision of Works. Satisfaction of Consultant, and, "When he should be satisfied?" Contractor's Substitutions. Additional Drawings, Discrepancies, Inspection of Drawings, Foundation Drawings.
- Operation Maintenance Instructions. Responsibility for Setting-out accuracy.
- Owner Supplied Materials. Lifting equipment, Electricity, Water and Gas.
- Program of Works Issues Status of the different programs, Approval, Rejection, Methods of Working, Checking program, Updating program, Revised program, Acceleration of works, CPM etc..
- Extension of Time for Completion: Entitlement, Critical path, Addition and omission to works, Grouping instructions, Extension of time given, Timing of extension of time, Acceleration. Expedite works, Accelerate, Failure to expedite, Progress measurement methods.
- Unforeseen Site Conditions: Sub-surface data provided, Disclaimers, Pre-tender site inspection, Obligations of the parties, "Make own interpretations", "Contractor to satisfy himself before tendering...", Expert interpretations, Justified assumptions, Administrative provisions, Tests for: "As-far-as-practicable", Anticipatibility.
- Possession of Site: Extent of possession of site, Concurrent occupation, Safety-OSHA, Interference, Foundations.
- Testing and Workmanship: Contractual requirements, Investigations to ascertain cause of defect, Failure to check, Ambiguities, Reimbursable tests, Improper rejection, Commercial waste, Inspection and testing during manufacture.
- Completion of Works: Test for Substantial Completion, Outstanding Works, Maintenance Certificate, Risks Transfer on Substantial Completion, Final Approval of Works, Unfulfilled Obligations, Completion of Contract.
- Variation or Change Orders: Contractual Provisions and its Limitations, Performance Outside Contract Requirements, Variation Work to other Contractors, V.O. to Change Program, Specialized Work, Valuation of Variations. Claims: Dispute Resolution, Submission of Details.
- Payment Conditions
- Default by Contractor, Default of Owner, Frustration of Contract, Measurement of Works - Standard Method of Measurement (SMM)
- Suspension of Works, Suspension for Long Periods, Urgent Repairs or Works.
- Escalation Provisions
- Warranty, Guarantee, Bonds Insurance.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.See all Petro Training - Malaysia courses