- Duration: 4 Days
- Timings Part Time,Evening, 05:00pm - 9:30pm
- Call: +971 4 2753473
This course is compliments 'Fashion Design 1' or benefits you if you've some design experience and wish to improve your skills, led by Richard Sorger. The course will help you develop your understanding of the principles of fashion design, with an emphasis on three-dimensional experimentation. You'll work with fabric directly onto dress mannequins and your experimental ideas will then be developed onto paper. This course will help you consolidate your understanding of clothes and fashion design.
The course includes:
- Draping on the mannequins using fabric exploring several techniques
- Fabric manipulation
- Experimental design analysis
- Refining design ideas for your chosen market
- Exploring different art media
- Colour and fabric selection
- Creating design sheets, research sheets and mood boards
- Range planning
- Some research into clothes and themes, and some reading will be required before the course begins (a basic brief will be sent out prior to the courses start date).
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
About London College of Fashion
You will receive tuition from the high calibre industry professionals who teach on our London courses, to help you pursue your interests in fashion. Courses take place each February, May and October in Dubai.
University of the Arts London offers an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing art. Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide.
The University draws together six renowned colleges, each with its own world-class reputation. Our excellent facilities include everything from letterpress machinery to studio theatres and college archives.See all London College of Fashion courses