- Location: Knowledge Village - Dubai
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Timings: 6 PM - 9 PM
This beginner course introduces students to the business and practice of fashion design. The course is a great place to start for fashion enthusiasts with little or no experience in the field to design their own collection and learn fashion business skills to establish a fashion label.
The course gives an overview of roles in the fashion industry and introduces students to fashion design and dressmaking; from the basics of fashion illustration, to understanding technical drawing and fabrics. Students will be introduced to a number of topics on fashion design and illustrate a 12 piece collection.
Who is it for?
- Anyone with an interest in fashion design or the fashion business.
- Fashion enthusiasts who wish to design their own collections and understand the fashion industry.
- There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- For delegates who are are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses, a special consideration process from management is required.
About SAE Institute
SAE Dubai was founded in 2005 in order to bring the expert training and education to the fields of Audio and Film in the Middle East, providing a local base for a global outlook on the new media industries. Since the foundation we have produced hundreds of graduates, each uniquely prepared to fill emerging opportunities in the creative industries throughout the region. Our course offerings have grown to include Animation and Multimedia and we're always examining new and exciting opportunities as they arise in the region.See all SAE Institute courses