Course detailsThis two week intensive fashion design course has been designed to cover all the key elements of Introduction to Fashion Design alongside more advanced fashion design and fashion drawing techniques. It provides an introduction to the principles of fashion design and concentrates on the development of ideas from well explored research.
The course will include:
- Understanding the fashion design process
- Developing mood boards
- Fabric awareness
- Basic figure fashion drawing techniques
- Designing using model and draping techniques on the stand
- Developing a colour palette through an awareness of current trends and predictions
- Selecting appropriate fabrics for the market/designs developed
- Communicating your design ideas in a creative and logical way
- Discovering how to build a fashion collection that is well balanced and innovative
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
All students who fully participate in all session of the course will receive a 'Certificate of Short Course Attendance' from London College of Fashion.
About London College of Fashion
London College of Fashion's rich heritage, and responsiveness to changes in design practice, has positioned it as a leading global provider of fashion education, research and consultancy.
The College's work is centred on the development of ideas. Its staff and students use fashion alongside historical and cultural practice to challenge social, political and ethical agendas. A forward-thinking business and management portfolio, and relationship with the global fashion and lifestyle industries, reinforces the College's mission to "Fashion the Future".
LCF holds short courses in Dubai every January and February.
Students will receive tuition from the high calibre industry professionals who teach on our London courses, to help you pursue your interests in fashion. Courses take place each February, May and October.See all London College of Fashion courses
Fashion Design Related Questions
Enquire about this course
You may add more courses here,
your list will be saved.