This comprehensive course on Facilities Management is a great choice for those individuals who have an interest in the field of facilities; either as an existing professional in the sector or with a desire to enter the industry and looking to master the key skills that they need to embark upon a rewarding and successful career as a Facilities Manager.
Divided into ten thought-provoking and interactive modules, this course delivers all of the skills, knowledge and information that you need to kick start your learning and become an effective and highly skilled Facilities Manager.Existing Facilities Managers can use this course to reinforce and consolidate their current knowledge and to gain more specialist knowledge in other niche areas that they may not have had direct exposure to.Those without any formal experience in facilities management will benefit from the all-encompassing scope of the course and practical application that the course offers.
What you will learn?
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- An introduction to the management discipline of facilities management, including its operational and strategic importance in an organisation
- They key skills needed to become a successful Facilities Manager and how to progress your career in the field
- Tried and tested methods of managing and utilising space, including space efficiency sourcing new premises and managing moves of premises
- The management of workplace services, including heating and lighting, security, catering, cleaning, repairs and maintenance, IT systems, workplace furniture, parking and waste disposal
- Effective methods of managing people including employees, contractors and suppliers and your legal responsibilities towards these parties
- Procurement and vendor management within facilities, including dealing with suppliers, the importance of effective negotiation and different types of leases of premises
- Health and safety at work, including risk assessments and risk mitigation, fire safety and first aid
- How to maintain quality control in facilities management, including the utilisation of effective maintenance strategies and common types of maintenance arrangements
- The parallels between project management and facilities management and how to successfully structure a facilities project
- Dealing with cost management and ways to reduce costs throughout the organisation, plus how to work with common financial documents such as budgets, balance sheets and asset registers
If you are seriously considering a career in facilities management, this course is the ideal starting point for you. It is also particularly useful for those with some previous experience in the field where they can apply their direct knowledge to the topic areas. However, this course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of facilities management.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines: complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study on, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the course easily thanks to interesting, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge you need to work in facilities management
- Earn a certified, recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
About New Skills Academy
In November of 2013, a single question was asked: ‘What do you want to learn?’ From there, a vision was born of comprehensive, high quality, and affordable online course availability. The name behind that vision was New Skills Academy.
When it comes to online schools, there are plenty, but at New Skills Academy we distinguish ourselves amongst the competition with our dedication to your long-term goals. If you are entering a job market for the first time, or seeking a new career, we will provide you with the fast and efficient online support you need to make your dreams a reality.
Our expertly designed courses, detailed lesson plans and student testimonials all attest to the fact that we take great pride in our course offerings and provide only the best for our students. Often, people dream of pursuing a degree or certification but never find the time to follow through. We know life gets busy, which is why our customers can take our courses online from anywhere while still working. Students can access our courses from a PC, mobile phone or tablet; this means you can learn anywhere you go.
Our students’ reputation matters, which is why all of our online courses have been reviewed and certified in partnership with qualified industry experts. For added security and peace of mind, all of our courses have been approved by CPD.See all New Skills Academy courses
Facilities Management Related Questions
Im interested in facility management course (CFM) Please let me know if I am eligible to attend t...
Unanswered //Mar 1, 2018 Facilities Management
Unanswered //Sep 10, 2018 Facilities Management