- Locations: 2H/5 Salem Abd El-Salam St, From El-Nasr St, New Maadi, Cairo, Egypt
- Duration: 12 Hours
Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making, facilitation can make any organization make better decisions. This workshop will give participants an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that they can use to facilitate small meetings.
Module One: Understanding Facilitation
- What is Facilitation
- What is a Facilitator?
- When is Facilitation Appropriate?
Module Two: Process vs. Content
- About Process
- About Content
- A Facilitator’s Focus
Module Three: Laying the Groundwork
- Choosing a Facilitated Approach
- Planning for a Facilitated Meeting
- Collecting Data
Module Four: Tuckman and Jensen’s Model of Team Development
- Stage Two: Storming
- Stage Three: Norming
- Stage Four: Performing
Module Five: Building Consensus
- Encouraging Participation
- Gathering Information
- Presenting Information
- Synthesizing and Summarizing
Module Six: Reaching a Decision Point
- Identifying the Options
- Creating a Short List
- Choosing a Solution
- Using the Multi-Option Technique
Module Seven: Dealing with Difficult People
- Addressing Disruptions
- Disruptions in groups can be in any form. They can be from the members, or from the environmental factors.
- Common Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
- Helping the Group Resolve Issues on Their Own
Module Eight: Addressing Group Dysfunction
- Using Ground Rules to Prevent Dysfunction
- Restating and Reframing Issues
- Some of the ways of restating and reframing includes:
- a. Changing “hot buttons” or value-laden words into neutral ones.
- b. Reminding the group of larger goals/ smaller goals the entire group is working on.
- c. Changing a problem into workable terms.
- d. Approaching an issue from another perspective.
- Getting People Back on Track
Module Nine: About Intervention
- Why Intervention May Be Necessary
- When to Intervene
- Levels of Intervention
Module Ten: Intervention Techniques
- Using Your Processes
- Boomerang it Back
- ICE It: Identify, Check for Agreement, Evaluate How to Resolve
Module Eleven: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
- Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
- Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions and difficult people in groups.
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate and how to implement them.
About Premier Training & Consulting
Premiere Training and Consulting established and since then it has had a noticeably big impact on the Training and Development industry. This is primarily attributed to the fact that it has been excellence-driven right from the start. This is reflected in the company’s relentless efforts to attain accreditation from the most prestigious academic education institutions worldwide to ensure quality learning to its seekers.
Premier’s success in attaining accreditation was not granted until all its offered courses has been assured that they meet the standards of course design, delivery and monitoring set by those international accreditation bodies. This success is not only due to our accreditation status, nor the way They structure and deliver our courses, but also our people, and our guiding principles.
The professional learning solutions that They offer are geared towards achieving the best return on investment for inpiduals and organizations.
Our training can be pided into the following key learning portfolios:
- International Vocational Qualifications and Certifications,
- Business and Management,
- Soft Skills and Personal Growth Development,
- Sales and Marketing,
- Education Development,
- English Language,
- Information Technology.
"The achievement credentials offered to participants vary betTheyen awards, certificates of achievement, and professional diplomas."
Premier has Theyll understood the urgent instant need for professional development in the fast-paced world that They live in which has shaped its training materials and methods. They offer the best off-the-shelf courses as Theyll as customized material based on the customers’ business needs reached through professional needs analysis that the company insists on running before taking on any project. Also, our training methods vary; they include extended trainings, a few-days/hours workshops, on-the-job training, and one-on-one training as Theyll. Whatever the training is and hoTheyver it is delivered, all the customers’ needs and the learners’ learning styles are closely met.See all Premier Training & Consulting courses