- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Nile University Campus - Juhayna, Square on 26th of July Corridor, Sheikh Zayed, Giza.
The Nile University (NU) Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) is a leading edge professional program that focuses on case-study methodology and students' active participation in courses. The program aims at creating a learning environment where students have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and develop the skills required for making decisions at managerial levels and hence accelerate their career development. While offering detailed courses in different functional areas of business, the program is designed to help students develop a holistic and integrative approach to management. Learning is primarily based on case studies, simulations and problem solving exercises; which enhance students’ critical thinking and managerial skills in their areas of specializations.
Generally, students admitted to NU are required to hold an appropriate university degree, preferably in a business or technology related discipline. Decisions on admission to the university are made by the admissions committee based on the student's academic records, business experience, proof of English proficiency, GMAT score, recommendation letters, the student's statement of purpose and the student’s performance in an admission interview. General guidelines are:
- A minimum grade of “Good” or equivalent from recognized universities in Egypt or abroad.
- A minimum score of 61 in internet-based (iBT) TOEFL or equivalent.
- An acceptable GMAT score which could be taken during the first semester of study.
Upon successful completion of the EMBA program at NU, each student will be able to:
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills in analyzing global business problems and in making business decisions.
- Engage in strategic management and value creation that add to the company’s competitive position and its corporate social responsibility.
- Comprehensively integrate different functional areas of business, with special emphasis on local and regional markets.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills, critical and creative thinking, and teamwork dynamics required for effective management and leadership.
The EMBA is a 2-year; 48 credit hour program. During the first year, students must complete twelve (12) required business core courses for a total of 24 credit hours. All EMBA courses are 2 credit hours each and focus on functional areas of business, their interactions and dynamics within the organization, and on the impact of internal and external factors on decision making. In the second year students must complete the corporate strategy and the competitive strategy courses and another ten (10) elective courses for a total of 24 credit hours. These courses must cover at least four (4) of the proposed business areas. Detailed curriculum is shown below:
1. Required Business Core
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Decision Analysis
- Macro Economics
- Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Organizational Behavior
- Management and Leadership
- Interpersonal Skills & Communication Management
2. Business Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Business Electives
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
3. Capstone Course
- BSAD 603 Corporate Strategy and International Competitiveness
- BSAD 604 Competitive Strategy
Nile University (NU) is a world class research institution of learning committed to excellence in education and research. NU was officially inaugurated. Nile University is a national (Ahleya), non-governmental and non-profit university and a leader in technology and business education in Egypt and the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region. Its business and technology-based programs and research centers are designed to address critical areas of vital importance to the economic growth and prosperity of the people of Egypt and the region and to engage in cutting edge applied research.
Research undertaken at NU is conducted in collaboration with top local and international leaders from industry, academia, governmental entities and NGOs.
NU offers programs leading to Diplomas, Masters and PhD degrees and a strategic set of undergraduate programs in selected areas as Theyll as executive education and professional development programs. NU’s graduate programs are offered in collaboration with international partners that are distinguished in their respective fields.See all Nile University courses