- Duration: 2 Days
- Understand the EI model and its core competencies.
- Discover the benefits of EI to the leader, the team and the organisation.
- Identify strategies and opportunities to apply EI in their leadership role.
- Learn how to build relationships with others which enable them to lead more effectively.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (EI).
- Outlining the core EI competencies .
- The benefits of becoming a more Emotionally Intelligent leader .
- Assessing your own EI .
- A framework to develop EI leadership competencies.
The Self Aware leader:
- The importance of self awareness for a leader’s development .
- Understanding your personal leadership strengths and weaknesses .
- Understanding your emotional responses and their impact on others .
- Seeking on-going feedback to become a more self aware leader .
The Self Managed Leader:
- The benefits of managing and controlling your emotions .
- Staying focused and calm under pressure .
- Self motivation to achieve goals .
The Socially Aware Leader:
- Understanding and empathising with others .
- Building rapport with a broad range of people .
- Managing and engaging emotions within your team .
- Leadership strategies for developing more Emotionally Intelligent teams .
Building and Managing Relationships:
- Why relationships succeed or fail ?
- Building and manage internal and external relationships .
- Communicating with and influencing others for enhanced results .
- Managing conflicts with others .
- Developing others using emotional coaching .
- Action Planning .
- Developing a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace .
This course focuses specifically on the application of EI to the leader. Those wishing to have a general overview of EI theory may wish to consider Emotional Intelligence for Improved Business Results.
About Leadership & Management Developmenet Center
To become a leading institution in providing a package of value added services; all bundled together for the purpose of achieving organizational excellence and maximizing human assets outputs.See all Leadership & Management Developmenet Center courses