- Duration: 5 Days
Procurement is the acquisition of goods, services or works from an outside external source. It is favorable that the goods, services or works are appropriate and that they are procured at the best possible cost to meet the needs of the acquirer in terms of quality and quantity, time, and location. Corporations and public bodies often define processes intended to promote fair and open competition for their business while minimizing exposure to fraud and collusion.
- To define procurements requirements in the context of the new global regulations & policies.
- To define the basic concepts and practical approaches for optimum performance in procurement
- To improve the knowledge concerning the tools and techniques used specifically to improve procurement.
- To exchange experience in critical aspects of procurement
Who should attend:
- Administrative and procurement staff
Day 1 - how to write specifications, purchasing goods & services (part 1) :
- Defining requirements
- Standardization of specification
- Producing performance methods
- Steps of purchasing
- Purchasing skills
- Legal aspects of purchasing
Day 2 - purchasing goods , services (part 2) & effective negotiation:
- Evaluating & comparing bids
- Contract types
- Managing contracts
- The negotiation process
- Preparation & planning
- Negotiation techniques
- Negotiation within purchasing process& in context.
Day 3: tender evaluation
- Issues affecting tendering.
- Evaluation of tenders
- Bid clarification
- Types of bids
- Post tender negotiation and its process.
- Contract award recommendation
- Issuing docs & establishing review.
Day 4 : vendor rating & contract management :
- Why measure performance?
- Defining responsibilities
- How to use vendor rating information
- The role of purchasing contract management
- Ethics in contract management
Day 5: procurement general tools, methods & monitoring performance :
- Planning & forecasting
- Selection criteria & procedures.
- Awarding criteria & procedures.
- Receipt & clearance procedures.
- Sources information & useful recourses.
- Monitoring procurement performance.
- Case studies
Projacs International is the largest Pan-Arab project management firm boasting 21 offices in 21 major cities in the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
Established in 1984, They have over 600ã€€professional staff offering customized services to a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Projacs helps its clients achieve greatã€€visions by successfully delivering hundreds of projects across 24 countries.
Projacs offers specialized services and leadership in a persity of projects from government buildings to utility plants. Other project types include residential and commercial developments, educational facilities, hotels and resorts, sports centers, airports, oil and gas plants, car assembly plants, infrastructure and highways, healthcare facilities, retail developments, and palaces and private homes.
They work directly with owners, developers, hotel operators, tenants, educational institutions, hospital operators, financial institutions, funding organizations, project managers, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders.
Projacs - combining the latest services with a proven track record for success.See all Projacs courses