- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
This instructor led course foundation for the installation, configuration, and management of the Nortel Ethernet Routing Switch 8600. It is ideal for the technical individual who needs to identify all the features of the switch, how to configure it for a typical enterprise environment, and how to maintain its operation within the network. With lectures and hands-on labs, you will create a reliable enterprise network implementing Layer 1 connectivity, Layer 2 VLANs incorporating the resiliency feature SMLT, and basic Layer 3 routing including VRRP. You will gain the experience of performing the configuration tasks using the Command Line Interface and Java Device Manager. You will learn how to upgrade the ERS 8600 image, how to manage the switch configuration files, and how to avoid some common configuration problems. This course also shows how to monitor traffic through the ERS 8600. Learn how the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 provides quality of service, security, and performance.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME
It is ideal for the technical individual who needs to understand the features of the switch, how to configure it for a typical enterprise environment and how to maintain its operation within the network.
Delegates attending this course should have a basic understanding of:
- IP Networking
- Equivalent experience with Bridging, Switching and Routing
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the features and benefits of the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 Software Release 4.1
- Identify the performance and resiliency features built into the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 architecture.
- Describe the flexible connectivity options including 10/100/1000 10,000 (10 Gigabit Lan & Wan) Ethernet and the scalability of each chassis type.
- Identify how the 8600 performs IP routing at line rate and its implementation of the standards-based routing protocols RIP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Identify how the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 supports Quality of Service in the network by implementing DIFFServ, 802.1p, traffic prioritization, metering, shaping, and policing.
- Discuss how the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 secures the network using MD5, SSH/SCP, SNMPv3, RADIUS, and EAPoL/802.1x.
- Install and maintain the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 within a typical enterprise network using Java Device Manager and the Command Line Interface.&
- Configure the features of the Ethernet Routing Switch 8600 including: VLAN types, IP interfaces, router ports, and 802.1Q.
- Explain how to create a Resilient Switch Cluster (RSC) using Ethernet Routing Switch 8600s and configure the essential port, link, and switch resiliency features including MLT, SMLT, SSMLT, RSMLT and 802.1ad.
- Monitor network traffic through the switch using Java Device Manager’s graphing utility and RMON.
What will it cover?
- Switching vs. Routing
- Breaking loops at layer 2 (STP)(RSTP)(MSTP)
- Multi-Link Trunking (MLT)(802.3ad)(SMLT)(SSMLT)
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Routed Split MLT (RSMLT)
- Bandwidth Management
- Traffic filters
- Design suggestions for placing Passport in the network
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses