- Price TBA
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Nasr City
This intensive and participative course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and techniques to become an exceptional developer of others. It will highlight current up-to-date approaches to help you develop your staff.
Is it right for me?
This course is suitable for anyone who manages others and is enthusiastic about the continued development of their staff. The course is designed to help you play an active role in their growth within the workplace and gives you the skills and ability to increase their future potential. If you want to encourage learning and development in the workplace this course is for you.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use simple techniques to analyse staff development needs.
- Identify competency gaps and devise development and training plans.
- Demonstrate how to address both personal and job-related learning needs.
- Explain how to develop and motivate four “types of performer” using a motivational matrix.
- Monitor development results and conduct motivational review meetings.
- Employ a range of feedback skills to stimulate staff thinking and learning.
- Employ a coaching style of leadership to enhance staff confidence and accelerate learning.
What will it cover?
Developing Talent the Essential for Survival
- Why is the development of others a critical business skill for managers?
- Understanding the benefits and pitfalls of development
Performance Analysis and Performance Gaps
- Recognise positive and negative critical incidents
- Assess development needs through the use of skills, knowledge and behaviours to focus learning
- Using techniques such as SWOT, team self-assessment and job skills matrix
- How to agree motivational development plans
- The measurement of learning outcomes
Creating the Environment where others can grow
- The qualities and skills of an effective developer
- Excite and motivate the willing and not so willing learner
- Identify and create development opportunities within the team
- Encourage peer review and shared learning
Essential Skills for Developing Others
- The motivational performance review
- Inspiring feedback conversations that get results
- Objective setting to assist personal development
Coaching as a Development Tool
- A review of the key steps to effective coaching
- How to lead a successful coaching session
- Assisting your staff to identify their own learning
- Creating the conditions so staff resolve their own problems
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses