Discover your negotiation skills and learn how to craft successful decisions and agreements that achieve positive results for all parties.
This highly interactive and ‘hands on’ course provides you with the opportunity to examine the skills and behaviours of a good negotiator. You will learn how to enable and facilitate decisions that achieve win/win outcomes.
Is it right for me?
This course is suitable for those new to negotiating, who are looking to develop their skills and self-confidence, particularly on a one-to-one basis, for negotiations with customers, suppliers and colleagues both inside and outside of their organisation.
Please note: this is not a sales negotiation or purchasing negotiation course. If you are interested in sales negotiation, please refer to our 'Sales Negotiation' course. If you are interested in purchasing negotiation please refer to the ‘Negotiating with Suppliers' course.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the processes necessary for successful negotiations.
- Understand the difference between transactional, collaborative and creative negotiation.
- Understand the value of planning and preparing to achieve win-win results.
- Analyse and develop your range of interpersonal and behavioural skills that are crucial for successful negotiation.
- Put your new skills straight into practice confidently.
To gain the maximum benefit, before attending the course you will be sent an activity to complete which asks you to consider current expectations and challenges. This will help you set the context of the course and will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
What will it cover?
Core Skills and the Negotiation Process
- Transactional, collaborative and creative negotiation.
- The negotiation process.
- The importance of planning your negotiation.
The Essential Steps of the Negotiation Process
- Planning and preparation – best alternatives to succeed (BATNAs)
- Opening, proposing and negotiating for a win/win result
- Reaching agreement, review and execution.
The Behavioural Skills of a Good Negotiator
- Your sources of power in negotiation.
- Understanding negotiation styles.
- Questioning and listening.
- Adopting a WIN-WIN mindset and avoiding deadlock.
- Managing reactions – 1-2-1 and team based negotiations.
Personal Action Plan
- Negotiating with yourself – your personal contract to change how you negotiate and put the learning into practice at work.
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses