- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 2 Days
This practical and intensive course provides a broad overview of HR issues and is designed for people embarking on a career in HR, or those taking on new HR responsibilities.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for anyone considering or moving into a role in HR, those with responsibility for providing advice on HR as part of their role or those who may be taking on more HR responsibilities.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the current and future responsibilities for HR specialists.
- Plan for people's needs in the workplace.
- Recruit and select the right people.
- Handle sensitive issues - ethical issues, termination, redundancy, sickness, TUPE.
- Use HR best practice in your role.
- Put equality into practice in the workplace.
- Participate in performance management and appraisals.
What will it cover?
HR - The Role and Responsibilities
- How the function can assist business aims and goals
- The current and changing role - internal consultant and adviser
- Objectives for HR specialists
HR Best Practice - An Overview
- Planning to meet the people needs of your organisation
- Managing successful recruitment and selection
- Finding the right people
- Offers of employment and employment contracts
- Performance management and appraisals
- An outline of key employment law issues
- Equality and diversity - an overview of the Equality Act 2010 and the protected characteristics of sex, age, race, religion or belief, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation and gender reassignment
Legal Responsibilities of the Employer
- Contracts - employment contracts, references
- Termination of employment
- Discrimination and harassment - positive, direct and indirect, associative, perceptive
Discipline, Redundancy, Dismissal and Absence Management
- Discipline at work - dealing with poor performance
- The five reasons for terminating employment
- Dismissals - wrongful or unfair dismissal
- Employment tribunals - what is involved?
- Sickness and absence management
- Formulating an action plan
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses