- Price JOD 1,769
- Locations Petro Tech
As concern grows for continually improving the quality of the environment, organizations of all types and sizes are increasingly turning their attention to the environmental impacts of their activities, products and services. The environmental performance of an organization is of importance to internal and external interested parties. Achieving sound environmental performance requires organizational commitment to a systematic approach and, to continual improvement of their environmental performance.
The purpose of this course is to provide delegates with the opportunity of gaining the skills and knowledge to develop and implement and/or improve an Environmental Management System (EMS)
By the end of this seminar delegates will be able to:
- Understand the different types of environmental aspects and their environmental impacts
- Understand the requirements of the environmental management standard ISO 14001:2004
- Develop and implement an Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Prepare a plan for obtaining EMS ISO 14001:2004 certification from a certifying authority
- Identify waste streams and, opportunities of recycling waste
Delegates will learn by active participation through inspiring presentation tools and interactive techniques presented in a lively, enthusiastic and interesting style. Delegates will take part in practical team exercises, typical case studies and open discussion forums, as related to their own organisation's operational activities.
- The organisation will benefit from the key financial savings as a direct result of implementing an effective environmental management system.
- The organisation will also benefit from being able to identify the environmental aspects and impacts, so reducing the risk from environmental incidents occurring.
- Knowledge of how certification to ISO 14001:2004 can provide the organisation with a positive marketing advantage over its competitors.
- Delegates will be able to better understand the nature of environmental aspects and the associated impacts within the organisation's operational activities.
- Delegates will understand the purpose and role of the international standard for environmental management ISO 14001:2004.
Introduction to Environmental Management
- What Does the Term "Environment" mean
- Benefits of Good Environmental Management
- Key Environmental Management System (EMS) Elements
- Document Framework for an Environmental Management System
- Video: Introduction to ISO 14001:2004
Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Policy
- Concepts of the Environmental Standard ISO 14001:2004
- Initial Environmental Review (IER)
- What are Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Video: Environmental Disasters
- Exercise: Producing an EMS Document Framework
Environmental Aspects & Impacts
- Understanding Environmental Impacts
- Understanding Global, Regional and Local Environmental Issues
- How to Determine Significant Environmental Aspects
- Identifying Applicable Regulatory and Standards' Requirements
- Exercise: Preparing an Environmental Impact Assessment Checklist
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Elements of the EIA Process
- Carrying out an EIA
- Analysis of Impacts
- Video: Environmental Disaster
- Exercise: List the Steps of an EIA Process
Internal Environmental Auditing
- Carrying Out an Environmental Audit
- Management Review Process
- Summary of Course Key Points
- Award of Course Attendance Certificates
- Close of Course
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.