- Fees / Price AED 13,787
- Duration 12 Days
- Locations Downtown Dubai
No business can sustain a policy that is unfriendly to either the environment or the safety of people or the safety of society. There is ever increasing pressures from society and legislation for businesses to maintain production processes that are environmentally friendly. This is a course certified by the International Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) and gives a sound qualification for all managers in environmental management.
Professionals must be able to appreciate the environmental effects of production and how these issues relate to climate change, biodiversity, and environmental pollution. The course covers such areas and the relationship between environmental protection and production efficiency, environmental management techniques, legislation and emergency response.
Delegates attending the course will learn about:
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental management
- Waste minimization and pollution prevention
- The types of emergencies that have effects on the environment
- How to plan an environmental management program
- To understand the business benefits of sound environmental management
- To appreciate the environmental management systems
- To know how legislation and international conventions effect businesses
- Become knowledgeable of environmental terms
- Understand the process of waste minimisation
Delegates who should attend this course include Professionals, Team Leaders and Supervisors who have responsibility for policies and implementation measures in relation to the environment. Health and Safety Officers should also benefit as they are often assigned environmental responsibilities.
This is an intensive six day seminar. It is an active program that requires group exercises and discussions with a mixture of speaker input to facilitated discussions and an emphasis on delegate involvement at all times. Optional but necessary to gain certification by CIEH is the passing of an exam on the 6th day.
Delegates attending the course will gain:
- An Internationally recognized certificate
- Confidence in dealing with environmental issues
- Knowledge on Environmental Management systems
- Sound understanding of environmental effects from production processes
- Appreciation of integrating Environment issues within the management systems
The company that sends personnel to this seminar will gain because:
- Environmental conscious employees will reduce costs
- Employees will understand of how environmental consequences can be reduced of the surety that the company will follow best environmental practices
- The employees will realize the legal implications of poor environmental management
- The employees will be able to cascade the knowledge gained and increase their ability to respond flexibly to changing circumstances
The Core Competencies
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Legislation
- Context of Environment
- Environmental Policy
- Emergency Planning
The Conference Content
- How humans interact with the environment
- Definitions: 'climate change', 'air', 'water and land pollution', 'biodiversity' and 'depletion of natural resources'
- The costs of environmental pollution
- The hydrological cycle and the carbon cycle
- Resource Consumption
- Waste minimization
Environmental Legislation & Management
- Key aspects and requirements of UK legislation
- Environmental Protection Act, IPPC, PPC
- European directives and national legislation impact on commercial activities
- Common Management Systems
- Environmental Management Systems
- EMAS, ISO 14001
Environmental aspects & Policy
- Identify how an organisation's activities can affect the environment
- Identify and describe an organisation's environmental aspects
- Evaluate the significance of environmental effects in order to prioritise an organisation's environmental activities indirect aspects that might have an influence over supplier performance
- How to write an environmental policy
- Appropriate techniques to disseminate the policy
Environmental management techniques & Training
- Practical environmental management techniques in waste minimization
- Prioritise actions needed to improve performance
- Changing work activities to improve environmental performance
- Benefits of environmental awareness and management education
- Factors to be considered in the development and content of the training programme
- The necessity for feedback and evaluation
Environmental Auditing, Reporting and Emergency Plans
- Undertake an internal audit to an agreed specification and make recommendations
- Producing an environmental report adopting good practice features
- Types of emergency situation that might have an impact on the environment
- How prior preparation and provision of training and resources can mitigate any effects
- Course Evaluation and Summary
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.