- Locations: 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Duration: 10 Hours
- Introduce the concept of ERM in today's banking environment & how ERM tools & techniques helped banks in overcoming banking & financial market crises.
- Develop participants' abilities to drill down enterprise risk management drivers & factors.
- Explain latest banking industry approaches & trends with respect to ERM.
- Shed lights on ERM usages with respect to risk appetite setting, managing risk at strategy level & bank operations level.
- Gain knowledge on roles played by different controlling units within a bank to control total risk, showing ERM as a clear departure from traditional risk management approaches (abandoning the silos model).
- ERM: definition & attributions.
- Why ERM is important? (Value creation support).
- How ERM differs from traditional risk management?
- The ERM framework; ERM components.
- Entity objectives.
- Internal environment.
- Event identification.
- Risk assessment and response.
- Control activities.
- Information & communication.
- Risks covered by ERM.
- Hazard risks , financial risks , operational risks , strategic risks.
- Measures of ERM.
- Solvency related measures.
- Performance related measures.
- Models of ERM.
- Structural (casual) financial models.
- Stochastic models.
- ERM applications.
- Generic and specific applications.
- Steps of ERM implementation.
- ERM roles & responsibilities;
- The board of directors.
- Risk officers.
- Internal auditors.
- Key implementation factors.
About Institute of Banking Studies
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses