- Locations: Mishref
- Duration: 5 Days
The CVE-400-2 Engineering a Citrix® Virtualization Solution course teaches Citrix engineers how to plan for and perform the tasks necessary to successfully integrate the component technologies that make up a Citrix virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2008 environment. Upon course completion, students will be able to interpret environmental assessment documentation, plan for a virtualization solution project and integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenAppTM, XenServerTM, and XenDesktopTM, to create a holistic, end-to-end virtualization solution that will address the most pressing business issues of the day. The extensive, highly hands-on curriculum includes exercises that allow students to demonstrate the advanced technical knowledge gained from the course.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as Server, Network and Systems Engineers. Systems Integrators, Systems Administrators and Application Engineers are also appropriate candidates for this course.
- The exercises for this course include hands-on integration of the following Citrix core and component products:
- Citrix XenApp 5.0 on Windows Server 2008
- Citrix EssentialsTM for XenServer 5.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 3.1
- Citrix Provisioning ServicesTM 5.1
- Citrix EdgeSightTM for Load Testing 3.0
- Citrix EdgeSight for Endpoints 5.0
- Citrix EdgeSight for XenAppTM 5.0
- Citrix Workflow StudioTM 2.0
- Citrix Profile management 2.0
- Citrix Receiver 1.0
- Citrix DazzleTM 1.0
- Citrix NetScaler® VPX 9.1
- Upon completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Explain the benefits and considerations for VM storage, including local host disk, iSCSI SAN, Fibre Channel SAN and NFS SAN.
- Explain how network considerations, including network topology, utilization requirements and the number of interfaces, affect a virtualization host server.
- Configure network connectivity and storage for the XenServer host.
- Configure a resource pool for optimal performance.
- Identify information in the project documentation that is required for project decision-making purposes.
- Create an order of execution plan that reflects the tasks required to implement the virtual solution and organizational goals.
- Identify the available Provisioning Services server optimizations.
- Install, configure and test a Provisioning Services configuration.
- Configure XenApp for optimal performance in a virtualized environment.
- Prepare, install and configure a provisioned XenApp server within a Citrix virtualization solution.
- Identify the components that comprise a XenDesktop virtual solution.
- Provision a XenDesktop pool in a virtual solution.
- Identify the uses and differences of EdgeSight for Load Testing, EdgeSight for Endpoints and EdgeSight for XenApp.
- Configure an EdgeSight alert to trigger a Workflow Studio workflow.
- Identify common workflows that can be automated using Workflow Studio.
- Perform a XenApp server upgrade using the vDisk update process.
About Nahda Modern Institute
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses