One of the most important human activities is managing. Managers are charged with the responsibility of taking actions that will make it possible for individuals to make their best contribution to group objectives. There are three fundamental tools for being an outstanding manager:
- To be able to motivate your team
- To be able to properly delegate to them
- To understand what it takes before a person can be empowered
Whilst some managers are born with an instinct for this, the majority of managers realize it is a skill that they must develop.
This course is designed to help you understand and use the three fundamental tools so that you can manage effectively and empower others. You will look at the rules for delegation and empowerment, plus the characteristics you need to know about a person before you can effectively motivate them.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the seven characteristics of a high performing team
- Motivate your team
- Understand a team member's development stages
- Determine the unique behaviors of your team members
- Delegate effectively, appropriately, and timely
- Recognize who can and who cannot be empowered and why
- Increase accountability and empowerment in your team
- Cast a motivating shadow
- Motivation, Delegation and Empowerment: Why Are They Linked?
- Why Can't Everyone Be Empowered?
- What are the behaviors of your team?
- How does behavior affect motivation?
- Flexing your style to fit each team member
- Understanding the complex characteristics of team members
- What You Need To Know Before You Delegate
- Characteristics of a High Performing Team
- What Is The Appropriate Leading Style?
- What Is a Trust Bank?
- Do I delegate or do I empower?
- What do I risk in delegating?
- You can expect more if you inspect more
- The need for accountability
- Removing the 'don't blame me’ culture
- Accountability vs. responsibility
- Benefit of empowerment
- The two major elements of empowerment
- Casting a Shadow
- How the shadow concept works
- Casting a motivating shadow
- Action Plan and Final Summary
About BLI Consulting & Training
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses