Life in the world of work is constantly on the move. To succeed you must move with it or better still, ahead of it. This course will show you how you can win by employing your staff well. You will examine the latest ideas and thinking to equip you for ‘Best Practise ER’.
ER cannot be just about employees. It is the perceptions of employee and employer, of their mutual obligations’.
ER covers the employee’s life with you from before he or she is recruited until long after they have left you. Today, right now, you have a reputation! What is that reputation saying about your organisation? Your best recruiters are your employees – BUT – and it is a big but, only if you treat them well. Are they engaged? Are they partners in what you are trying to achieve?
Is it right for me?
This course is important for all managers with responsibility for staff who wish to understand the latest developments in the field of Employee Relations (ER). Whilst ER is an integral part of HR, this course is not just for HR staff. The importance of high quality ER has a direct impact upon levels of service, profit, standards, business ethics, corporate social responsibility and corporate governance and ER is a topic that should be widely understood throughout each organisation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes an effective Employee Relations programme
- Appreciate the impact of employee relations on organisational development
- Clearly demonstrate how Employee Relations impacts the bottom line of organisations.
What will it cover?
- The psychological contract and Employee Relations (ER)
- Corporate culture and its impact upon ER
- Designing supportive ER policies and procedures
- Impact of stress upon ER
- Impact of managing Human Resource Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- The line managers’ role in ER – we are all HR managers!
- Changing perceptions – staff as a revenue centre not a cost
- Impact of staff on the bottom-line
- Deï¬ning competency to use individuals to greatest effect
- Securing proï¬t and increased effciency through innovation
- Opening channels for employees’ ideas
- Assessing and using the intellectual capital of an organisation
- Motivating staff and managing performance
- The employee as internal customer – revealing what employees really think
- New concepts of human capital management ’accounting for people’
- Preparing a ‘way ahead’ policy
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses