Employee engagement as a concept only began to emerge as a relevant and necessary phenomenon in professional settings. It mostly describes the employee's internal state of being which encompasses the physical, mental and emotional and these states determine whether the employee is committed, motivated, and satisfied in his work.
Employee engagement is an approach which highlights the need for employees to feel committed to their roles and feel an affinity with and adhere to the organization's goals and values. Employees who are engaged are motivated to help the company achieve success and simultaneously, able to achieve a more enhanced sense of well-being.
Employee engagement is also defined as "being positively present during the performance of work by willingly contributing intellectual effort, experiencing positive emotions and meaningful connections to others." Through this definition it is clear that this level of engagement requires intellectual, emotional and social management. Employee engagement is a two way approach: the employer motivates the employee to be engaged and the employee offers a level of engagement to the employer.
Through affiliation with an organization, an employee may feel pride or loyalty, recommend their organization or their products to others and may even work long hours in order to help the company to achieve its goals. All of these encompass the three core components of employee engagement which are attitude (pride), behavior (working long hours) and outcome (spreading word-of-mouth).
This course aims to educate participants about the benefits of engaging employees and how best to build and develop this engagement and to be become contributing members of a workforce. Through handouts, presentation slides, videos and role play exercises, the course will impart knowledge to participants and equip them with the skills necessary to be motivated, contributing and loyal employees of an organisation.
The course aims to achieve the following:
- Familiarize participants with the definition of employee engagement
- Familiarize participants with the benefits of employee engagement
- Equip participants with the skills to build an engaged work force
- Identify expected outcomes of engaging employees
- Recognize the different ways in which employees can be engaged
- Identify the personal advantages of being an engaged employee
Upon successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of employee engagement and its benefits
- Develop the skills needed to create a culture of engagement within an organization
- Learn to motivate, inspire and communicate with employees in a manner which is most effective
- Learn to become motivated, resilient and loyal members of an organization
- Understand the factors that strengthen and those that hinder employee engagement
- Learn ways to communicate and collaborate with others in an organization
- Create an action plan
Kawader is a learning and development institute licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority of Dubai (KHDA) that helps people grow in so many ways. It is a place where they combine theoretical information and practical exercises to create memorable and impactful experiences that drive towards learning, behavioral change and business outcomes.
At Kawader, their mission is to prepare people to work in a multicultural environment, face new challenges, critically assess business issues and contribute to a brighter future for their organizations.
their consultants are energetic, experienced and committed leaders in learning. They have worked in a wide range of industries including telecommunications, universities, banking, transportation, governmental agencies, health care, media, and hospitality.
their focus is on using innovative, engaging learning methods to reach favorable outcomes. they work as partners with their clients to develop new insights and building capabilities that make a difference.See all Kawader courses