These are among the benefits gained when you can manage your own and others’ emotions constructively. Emotional Intelligence (EI) makes the difference between average and star performers in management and leadership positions. This highly interactive two-day programme is perfect for the manager who wants to develop their own Emotional Intelligence, explore their own real life situations using EI tips and hints and lead their teams to enhanced performance.
Is it right for me?
This course focuses specifically on the application of EI to the manager and leader.
What will I learn?
By attending this programme participants will be able to:
- List the key EI skills, understand the emotional brain and what EI means in practice
- Discover the benefits of EI to the leader, the team and the organisation.
- Handle sensitive and challenging emotional situations with more confidence
- Learn how to build relationships with others which enable them to lead more effectively.
What will it cover?
What is Emotional Intelligence - How your brain works
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Outlining the core EI competencies
- The benefits of becoming a more Emotionally Intelligent manager
- Assessing your own EI
- A framework to develop EI leadership competencies
The Self-aware Manager – How to build your emotional intelligence
- The importance of self-awareness for development
- Understanding your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Understanding your emotional responses and their impact on others
- Seeking on-going feedback to become more self-aware
The Self-managed Manager – How to manage pressure and strong emotions
- The benefits of managing and controlling your emotions
- Staying focused and calm under pressure
- Managing anger, fear and sadness constructively
- Self-motivation to achieve goals
The Socially Aware Manager – How to engage, empathise and build rapport
- Understanding and empathising with others
- Building rapport with a broad range of people
- Managing and engaging emotions within your team
Building Relationships – Handling conflict, coaching and feedback situations
- Why relationships succeed or fail
- Building and managing internal and external relationships
- Communicating with and influencing others for enhanced results
- Managing conflicts with others – including feedback and difficult conversations
- Developing others using emotional coaching
- Developing a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses