Elementary 1 continues to build on the linguistic skills learners have acquired in the Starter Level by gradually introducing new linguistic materials. More specifically, the chapters covered will activate the vocabulary learned in the Starter 1 and expand them as well. Additionally, speaking, listening, reading, writing, and some cultural aspects will all play integral parts in this course.
Having finished the Elementary 1, learners will:
- Be able to start some basic conversations and to end them appropriately.
- Be able to introduce themselves to their interlocutors.
- Learn some key Arabic grammatical structures.
- Produce language fairly understood to the native speakers in some limited contexts.
- Be able to get the general ideas from short texts.
- Start developing a confidence in speaking with native speakers
- Al-Kitaab fii Ta’allum Al Arabiya, Part One, Third Edition, by Kristin Brustad, Mahmoud Al-Batal and
- Abbas Al-Tonsi, chapters 1-4
- Supplementary materials, including audio and visual resources, developed by TII Arabic instructors.
We_They (TII) was established with a mission to build translation capacity in Qatar and the region. It is a physical and virtual space that delivers sophisticated translator and interpreter education, high-level training in a range of languages, and quality translation and interpreting services of the highest international standards. TII also provides a platform for conducting cutting-edge research in the field, and is committed to fostering an environment that is supportive of cultural exchange and scholarly excellence.
Led by a distinguished international team of faculty and staff, TII consists of a Postgraduate Studies Department, a Research Center, a Language Center, and a Professional Services Center. It organizes a wide range of international and local events throughout the year, many of which are open to the public.See all Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) courses