- Fees / Price from QAR 1600
- Duration 2 Months
- Locations Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) Doha, Qatar
Following Starter Chinese, whose focus is on Mandarin pronunciation and the basic radicals of Chinese characters, this course aims to enlarge your vocabulary in context and introduce basic grammatical points, while continuing to help you acquire accurate pronunciation with tones. Vocabulary building is best achieved through repeated practice of the key words in the texts and applying them to communicative situations. Grammatical points are initially introduced via the learning of syntactical functions and relations of words.
Having finished this course, you will:
- Have enhanced your standard pronunciation
- Have increased your basic vocabulary and know the usage of more than 100 new words and phrases
- Have a basic knowledge of Chinese grammar
- Understand the basic sentence patterns and word-building rules
- Be able to talk with more ease about your daily schedule, hobbies and daily events
- Be ready to take Elementary Chinese 2
We_They (TII) was established with a mission to build translation capacity in Qatar and the region. It is a physical and virtual space that delivers sophisticated translator and interpreter education, high-level training in a range of languages, and quality translation and interpreting services of the highest international standards. TII also provides a platform for conducting cutting-edge research in the field, and is committed to fostering an environment that is supportive of cultural exchange and scholarly excellence.
Led by a distinguished international team of faculty and staff, TII consists of a Postgraduate Studies Department, a Research Center, a Language Center, and a Professional Services Center. It organizes a wide range of international and local events throughout the year, many of which are open to the public.See all Translation & Interpreting Institute (Hamad Bin Kahlifa University) courses