- Location: Harvest Resources Ltd/Training Academy Northwood Business Campus Dublin Ireland
- Duration: 3 Days
Harvest are partnering with University of Newcastle to deliver their highly established and internationally recognised elearning Essentials training course. This fast track accreditation elearning course will help you develop the core skills involved in the design, development, assessment and evaluation of effective elearning solutions in a range of services and sectors, while gaining a validated professional certificate in elearning.
Who Should Attend?
This elearning essentials: instructional design course is ideal for individuals who wish to take the first step towards the development of their elearning skills. The course will introduce you to the core fundamentals of effective elearning design and development. The programme is open to any individual responsible for creating training and education material within their organisation and will be applicable to participants from both public and private sector organisations.
The instructional design elearning course is modular in design, made up of four specialist units. The following learning interventions will be used on the programme.
- 3 classroom based workshops - these intensive skills based workshop practice comprehensive techniques and methodologies to enable you to confidently design, develop, assess and evaluate pedagogically effective elearning.
- Access to Online Resources - Participants will also have online access to a full range of course materials and learning aids through Harvest’s Learning Hub.
- Live Virtual Classroom Session – Participants will have the option of participating in a number of online learning sessions to give you an opportunity to experience the process in action.
Course Modules & Brief Outline
Unit 1: Design elearning
- Designing for all - learner preferences, capability, approaches and more in an online environment
- Learn to engage, stimulate, and challenge your learners through guided and self-directed elearning approaches
Unit 2: Develop elearning
- Create engaging, realistic scenarios that underpin active learning approaches online
- Create elearning that will engage learners using action based, practical exercises that transfer to real-world activities
Unit 3: Assess elearning
- Pedagogic fitness of assessment methods and techniques
- Providing effective online feedback to aid learning through a range of methods
Unit 4: Evaluate elearning
- Quantitative and qualitative techniques for measuring the success of elearning
- Critical evaluation of participant feedback for a selected elearning intervention
At the end of this instructional design elearning course participants will be able to:
Design elearning - Employ a practical, problem-solving approach to designing pedagogically aligned elearning across diverse levels of learning.
Develop elearning - Structured hands-on development of real world elearning using proven techniques to engage, stimulate and challenge learners.
Assess elearning - Learn how to constructively align assessment into your elearning design to produce authentic, realistic assessments.
Evaluate elearning - Build a well-structured evaluation framework to monitor your elearning projects, adapt to the learner's needs and deliver the best experience