- Locations: Al Dafna
- Duration: 7 Weeks
Who Should Attend
- Senior project professionals serving in a project management capacity on capitalinvestment projects
- Contracting and procurement professionals seeking to enhance their capabilities in order to become an integral part of the development and execution of capital investment projects
Participants on the Effective Project Contracting course should have proven backgrounds in developing and managing contracts for the delivery of both goods and services. It is therefore expected that you will have between 5-10 years of relevant experience on capital investment projects.
This course covers the formulation of appropriate contracting and procurement strategies within project constraints. To determine whether this module meets your development needs, please compare your current job competence profile with the following requirements:
- Developing complex goods and services procurement strategies
- Developing the ability to foresee and minimise contractual problems
- Recognising organisational issues and confirming responsibilities for contracting and procurement
- Including contractual elements such as liquidated damages, force majeure, consequential damages and various types of insurance
- Developing contracts and managing competitive acquisition processes
- Establishing controls and managing contract execution
- Developing negotiations, claims avoidance and conflict resolution skills
- Establishing successful relationships with main project stakeholders
What You Will Learn
The Effective Project Contracting course aims to enhance your existing skills in order for you to effectively lead a team and establish optimal contracting and procurement strategies for a project. However, these strategies are developed within suitable governance processes and project controls, including the special challenges associated
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to establish and manage appropriate contracting and procurement strategies, as well as the associated tender evaluation process for complex integrated projects. You will also gain an understanding of when to use alternative contracting strategies, as well as the impact of partnerships and collaborative or adversarial approaches in multi-cultural environments. You will also become aware of the various tools available that can help ensure effective contract management, while equipping yourself with sound negotiation skills for dispute prevention and conflict resolution.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Evaluate opportunities and risks in order to design and develop optimal contracts, procurement strategies and tactics to meet project objectives
- Identify, evaluate and select possible goods and service providers to invite for the contract tendering process
- Develop a contract management plan that ensures fit-for-purpose governance ofthe project, including assurance, control and communications
- Develop an invitation to tender, a tender evaluation plan, a contract form, and a formal award proposal in order to obtain a signed contract
- Implement strategies and processes that ensure effective controls and working relationships with contracting parties and stakeholders, to avoid and/or resolve disputes
- Align contracting strategy to stakeholder objectives to ensure the successful delivery of project and programme
Reading, reflection and work-related activities, with regular coaching sessions. During coaching you will become familiar with the online learning environment and the main learning objectives of upcoming assignments.
We_They, which means Excellence in Arabic, is a successful partnership between Qatar Shell, Qatar Petroleum, and Hamad Bin Khalifa University.
The unparalleled capital investment programme currently underway in Qatar brings with it various challenges, many of which can only be overcome through greater efficiency and sharpened project management skills. TAFAWOQ was initiated to answer this needSee all Tawafoq courses