- Locations: Petro Tech
- Duration: 5 Days
Course detailsAlliances in business are a natural route for development - but not all contracting relationships can truly be seen as alliances. A good, trusting and open relationship is essential for a long-term and successful alliance - and this needs to be practiced by the negotiators involved.
Negotiation is inevitably at the heart of the every process to achieve what you want, whether in an agreement, bargaining for an item or closing a deal. At the end of each negotiation, the goal is to seek a win/win outcome - an essential characteristic of long-lasting alliances.
This seminar provides an essential framework for effective negotiation — which will be vital for building and exploiting an alliance - from building the relationship, critical thinking to prioritize goals (and awareness of possible ploys you may encounter along the way).
At the end of the seminar, you will have:
- Developed a framework for analyzing current alliances and developed an effective plan and strategy for negotiations
- Practiced and developed skills for influencing others
- Gained confidence as a trusted negotiator
- Adopted appropriate behaviours for each negotiation stage to deliver results
- Successfully applied the principles of persuasion to any negotiation situation
- Recognized and countered the most common negotiating ploys
- Prioritized and planed your negotiation strategy through critical thinking
The seminar combines presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by activities and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating creative leadership strategies to the particular needs of their workplace.
This seminar will help delegates to make an impact in the workplace for negotiating the best possible terms of an agreement for mutual benefits of the "alliance partners".
This seminar will enhance delegates understanding of Negotiation, and Influence to help them become more effective negotiators for long-term relationships and beneficial agreements.
The Core Competencies
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Appreciate how an alliance can prosper from constructive relationships
- Discover how to effectively persuade and influence others
- Learn to apply the key elements of influence
- Utilize various communication skills to send convincing messages
- Be more knowledgeable of the communication styles of others
- Critical thinking to identify key objectives and results desired from the negotiation process
The Programme Content
- Characteristics of a strategic alliance - effects of market dominance
- Culture and perception - and effects in building alliances
- Building trust through communication and achieving results for the alliance (bearing in mind its "life cycle")
- Personality - strengths & weaknesses in negotiations
- Minimising communication blockers to maintain relationships
- Development review and action planning
Influence & persuasion skills in managing the alliance
- Challenges of meetings - group and inpidual strategies
- Positive influence of listening in challenging situations - good and bad news!
- Applying rules of influential presentations to maximize impact
- Maintaining compatible body language & using logic, credibility and passion
- Feedback and action planning
Strategy in negotiation skills for partners and allies
- Steps in win/win negotiation
- The keys to collaborative bargaining in partnering
- Leverage: What it is and how to use it
- Negotiation tactics and ploys
- Dealing with difficult negotiators and barriers
- Ethics in negotiation
Higher level negotiation skills for challenging situations
- Listening and responding to signals and informal information
- Recovering from reversals, errors and challenges
- Developing a climate of trust
- Higher level conversation techniques
- Concentrating action on the needs of alliance partners
Maintaining alliances: critical thinking for decision making
- Gaining control and using information - formal and informal
- Identifying sources and testing assumptions
- Framing the problem
- Decision making under pressure
- Reviewing strategic alliances and building personal action.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.