n this course your participants will learn about the proper format for letters, memos, email messages, Minutes of meeting, and presentations. They will also learn basic business writing techniques.
In the first assignment, your participants will write a series of letters. In the second assignment, they will write several short memos and email messages. In the third assignment, they will write and design a formal presentation and report. By the end of this course, you will have identified and corrected any weaknesses in their writing. They will be writing clear, concise business documents that will help them communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
Aims of the course – Effective Business English Writing:
- To improve learner’s ability to write business texts in English, namely emails, letters, memos, minutes of meeting, etc.
- To increase learner’s comprehension of business correspondence and documents,
- To expand learner’s business vocabulary,
- To practice analytical approach to learner’s writing by looking critically on written assignments,
- To increase grammar awareness
- To practice punctuation, register and style.
In class the learner will:
- Improve formal writing, i.e. business letters, corporate emails, reports, etc. by frequent writing assignments of various types,
- Practice coherence and learn how to avoid wordiness,
- Practice correct spelling and punctuation by analyzing their writing and by various exercises on error correction,
- Use proper collocations, synonyms and antonyms naturally and effectively,
- Be aware of major differences in British and American spelling.
Edu-Tec was established in 2007
to offer vocational training and award recognized qualifications. The company specializes in tailor made courses in English, Management, Skills for Life offered through a forum of workshops and seminars.See all EduTec courses