For Board members, or those preparing for membership, this course covers the key features of an effective Board, how to maintain a culture of trust, respect and open dialogue in order to maintain strong Board performance.
Topics covered include:
- Features of an effective Board
- Roles of the key players
- Composition and succession
- Induction and mentoring
- Collegiality and creative tension
- Guidelines to assist Board effectiveness (FRC, etc.)
- Processes and policies
- Support functions
- Decision making and dilemmas
- Dealing with dysfunctional behaviours
- Ethics and types of power
- Strategies and agreed practices for Board behaviour
Using a blend of facilitator led discussion, role plays and case studies, this interactive course demonstrates the impact that Board dynamics and behaviours can have on an organisation’s success, and considers the characteristics of an effective Board.
PwC’s Academy is the educational business of PwC. Their goal is to help improve the knowledge, skills, competence and expertise of people in finance and business; to help organisations across the region grow and retain their talent. Their foundation is Their team of expert professionals who convey their Theyalth of knowledge and the practical experience they have gained within leading organisations around the world.See all PWC Academy Lebanon courses