Course detailsStudents will have an improved understanding of human behaviour and mental processes within an educational context.
The course covers the following aspects of educational psychology: history, learning theories, student development theories, motivation, and some classroom management skills.
We look at the history of the subject, including where thinking is now, topics and specialisms within this area, and the importance of Educational Psychology. The process of learning can be physical, social, or emotional as well as cognitive, the results of which are a permanent change in behaviour, skills, knowledge, or attitude. We will explain various theories and guide you through well-practiced processes.
Students will learn about childhood growth and developmental experiences in relation to the teaching process. Providing an overview of the stages of development, we then look at each stage individually, before moving on to some specific areas of development.
We look at the differences in motivation and how to tune into student's choices, desires, and attitudes, to aid their motivation. The module discusses 7 major theories about motives and their sources, these are:
- Motives as behaviour change
- Motives as goals
- Motives as interests
- Motives as attributions about success
- Motives as beliefs about self-efficacy
- Motives as self-determination
- Expectancy-value theory
Looking at special educational needs. We include how to recognise the signs of certain conditions and how to adapt learning to fit those with additional needs, be they physical, intellectual, sensory, learning or behavioural, so that they may still reach their full potential.
The course discusses the three somewhat complex forms of thinking that are commonly pursued in classroom learning: critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem-solving. The course then goes on to explain how these are stimulated, using two types of instruction: Teacher-Directed and Student-Centred.
- Module 1: What Is Educational Psychology?
- Module 2: The Learning Process
- Module 3: Student Development
- Module 4: Student Motivation
- Module 5: Student Diversity
- Module 6: Students with Special Educational Needs
- Module 7: Classroom Management and the Learning Environment
- Module 8: Facilitating Complex Thinking
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs