This programme is designed to meet the needs of professional qualifications in education and to upgrade the quality of services in educational institutions. To meet these needs, the programme will cover core education topics as well as one strand of specialisation - teaching English as a second language. * By providing the latest knowledge in information technology tools, research in education, leadership skills and education theories, this programme provides real-life techniques that can be applied immediately to classroom situations, education management and administrative challenges.
* Other specializations to be announced at a later date.
- Graduates of the Master of Education will qualify for appointment as teachers in schools as well as in academic and administrative positions in colleges, university colleges and universities. They may also find employment in publishing firms and corporate training centres.
- Graduates can also be employed as researchers at institutions of higher learning.
- Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5; OR
- Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.
About Wawasan University
Welcome to the official page of Wawasan Open University - a vibrant learning community that inspires learning, supports innovation and nurtures all-round personal growth.
Wawasan Open University (WOU) is one of Malaysia’s foremost, private institutions of higher learning dedicated to adult learners who seek to pursue tertiary qualifications for professional development and self-enrichment.See all Wawasan University courses