- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration TBA
- Locations 39 El-Hegaz St. (off Wadi El-Nil) Mohandeseen Giza - Egypt
A major feature of this workshop is its checklist approach, designed to maximize the practical benefits you will derive from attending it. The presenters are all experts in their practice areas. They draw on their extensive experience of due diligence investigations to provide practical advice and guidelines.
- Over 50% of acquisitions fail to deliver the benefits sought by buyers. Some seriously damage the value of the buyers' business, and joint ventures don't always fare much better.
- Due diligence is a critical process during which the major investor has the opportunity to avoid costly mistakes. More positively, it can confirm the logic for the transaction, improve the basis for valuation, and start planning for integration.
- Managing advisers is an important part of the acquisition process and this intensive three-day course gives some good tips on how to do just that. A key feature of this course is its checklist approach, which is designed to maximize the practical benefits you will derive from attending it. Our expert presenters draw on their extensive experience of due diligence investigations to provide practical advice and guidelines.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and maximize the benefits from each aspect of due diligence
- Connect the separate investigations in order to be time and cost effective
- Use an enhanced negotiating position
- Make smart purchasing decisions so as to avoid devaluing their company
- Prepare for integration in advance
- Improve the tax efficiency of a transaction
- Ensure that a strategic alliance doesn’t become a strategic disaster
Legal Due Diligence
- Legal rationale for due diligence
- Scope of due diligence in different types of interactions
- Avoiding the pitfalls
- Relationship with contractual protections
- Case examples
Tax Due Diligence
- Assessing the tax risks
- What tax due diligence should achieve
- Key risk areas: obtaining information and reaching conclusions
- Enhancing post-tax return
- Planning and negotiating
- Conflicts between buyer and seller
- Reducing the tax cost of the deal
- Getting the best post-deal tax structure
Employment Due Diligence
- Understanding the business and its employees
- Identifying problem issues
- Checking for compliance with new legislation
- Assessing the cost - now and in the future
- Steps to be taken before completion
- Tailoring warranties and indemnities
Commercial Due Diligence
- What is commercial due diligence?
- Why carry it out?
- How to get information
- When to do it
IT Due Diligence
- The impact of IT on company value
- What are the key factors in IT's ability to add value?
- How to assess IT
- Case studies
Pensions Due Diligence
- What is pension due diligence/why is it necessary?
- Identify type of pensions requiring this service
- Potential problems and possible solutions
- Case studies/checklist
Financial Due Diligence – The Big Picture
- What is financial due diligence?
- The process and getting value for money
- Focus on cash
- Focus on the future
- Making good use of financial due diligence
Environmental Due Diligence
- Environmental due diligence - who does what?
- Appointing the consultant and scoping their work
- EDD trends - what are you looking for and why?
- Applying the results
You've bought the site/business - now what?
We_They was founded in 1988 with the aim of providing first class training and consulting services, enabling our clients to improve and sustain a valuable competitive advantage, hence, making a positive contribution towards their success. Working closely with national and multi-national companies, we offer global experience coupled with practical, local expertise.
We aim to deliver innovative yet practical business solutions, from concept formation to implementation and evaluation. BLI’s depth of service and global reach translates into seasoned knowledge for tailoring our services to our clients’ specific needs.See all BLI Consulting & Training courses