To give the professional junior drilling staff the necessary knowledge regarding common formulas and calculations used in the oilfield. Participants are also introduced to well control principles and kill sheets, prior to attending their first well control course.
- Understand basic calculations used in well control.
- Drill and shut in well on the Drillsim 5000 simulator.
- Fill in the IWCF kill sheet for surface and subsea kill operations.
- Use the drilling data handbook to obtain various tubular data.
- Obtain sufficient knowledge about the course content to pass a written test with minimum 70% score.
- Practice with American oilfield units of measure
- Practice with oilfield calculations and formulas (volume, capacity and displacement)
- Effect on dynamic system pressures due to changes in density and pump rate
- Causes for different pressures and strengths in formations
- Hydrostatic pressure in gas and fluid
- U-tube calculations
- Gas law
- Pressure versus depth diagrams
- Basic well control principles
- Well kill methods
- IWCF kill sheets surface and subsea
- Practical exercises on the Drillsim 5000 full-scale simulator
- Oilfield terminology
Who should attend?
- Participants must have done a Basic Mathematics course, Drilling Technology 1 and 2 certificates and sufficient practical experience.
technical training and professional development services for the oil and Gas industry. We offer a portfolio of over 100 practical courses, training programs, and competency services that cover technical skills and asset teams need.
Our curriculum includes introductory to advanced training in key disciplines including Geology, Drilling, Reservoir, Production, Facilities, Management, and Economics. We also offer workflow training courses and programs using Simulator software tools.See all Soleman Training & Consulting courses