Aconex business - has been created to support the practice and profession of document control. DCE provides the first qualification and professional development opportunity for those in the role of document control in the construction and engineering industries, in major markets around the world. Course content is designed for document controllers, document managers, project managers, site secretaries and others who have document control as a core responsibility. Participants and employers will both benefit.
Learning is applicable to document control as a discipline - it is not associated with any particular manual or electronic system.
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency in document control
- Adoption of proven processes, tools and techniques to better control risk
- Industry networking and career development
- Certificate IV qualification accredited by the Australian Department of Education (recognized internationally wherever Australian qualifications are accepted)
- Improved decision making and better adherence to compliance requirements
- The reduced risk of delays, disputes and reworks
- Having highly skilled, qualified and motivated document controllers
- Best-practice document management procedures, based on ISO standards and applicable in day-to-day construction and engineering activities
- Application of industry-standard risk management principles related to document control
- Proven industry tools and techniques that optimize and streamline project document management.
- Three days of classroom training
- A hands-on approach that gives immediate value
- Group activities that foster ideas-exchange and networking with peers.
The course has been developed, and is run, by industry professionals. Aconex is responsible for the delivery of the courses and Aegis Aspire issues the qualification for the accredited course, 30940QLD Certificate IV in Document Control in a Project Environment. Aconex also conducts non-accredited training programs in Document Control. Certificates of completion for these non-accredited programs will be issued by Aconex. Trainers hold the following qualifications:
- The Australian TAE50110 Diploma of Training and Assessment (or international equivalent), OR
- The TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent), AND
- Extensive industry and workplace training experience across a range of organizations and industry sectors.
Each unit of competency can be assessed individually, though students need to demonstrate competency across all core units of competency to gain their Cert IV qualification. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) kits and Credit Transfers (CT) are available. Effective application and demonstrated learning in real and simulated scenarios will be required.
Assessment activities include:
- Classroom participation in group activities.
- Individual exercises and worksheets
- Out-of-class assignments and workplace projects (including a project case study).
- All activities take place within a rigorous competency framework developed and assessed by professional trainers and industry experts.
Successful participants will be issued a certificate including a Statement detailing the units of competency attained.
Aconex is the world's most widely-used online collaboration platform for construction and engineering projects. We have over 10 years of experience working with top owners, construction and project managers, contractors, architects and consultants on projects of all shapes and sizes.
On retail, residential, and infrastructure projects, and in energy, mining, oil and gas, the online Aconex platform allows people to collaborate securely, efficiently and easily. They work smarter, organizations see reduced risk and improved returns, and everyone delivers a more successful project.See all Aconex courses