- Duration: 2 Days
With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. Having a diverse workforce and training everyone in an organization to appreciate and embrace diversity can help set a business apart from its competition. The consequences for organizations that lag behind in addressing issues of diversity are high: missed opportunities, customer and client complaints, and service-delivery problems. An effective organization is one which recognizes and maximizes the differences that exist within individuals whether they are age, gender, race or disability. This training program explores the challenges that arise from diversity, issues that surface in diverse workgroups, and methods for handling conflict.
- Understanding the business case for diversity
- Achieving a clear understanding of diversity and the different forms it can take.
- Understanding the differences between diversity and equal opportunities.
- Recognizing the benefits that diversity can bring to your organization.
- Building a business case for introducing a culture positively embracing diversity into your organization.
- Developing an action plan to improve communication skills.
The Business Case for Diversity: Profiting from Differences
- Self-assessment quiz
- Defining Diversity in the Workplace
- Understanding the concept of diversity
- Exploring the difference between diversity Et equal opportunities
- Identifying the impact of diversity on your business
Identifying how diversity benefits the organization, both directly and indirectly
- The effect of diversity on organizational behavior
- Understand the impact of demographic and market changes
"Not Our Kind": Overcoming Stereotypes in the Workplace
- Stereotyping and its usage
- The perpetuation of intolerance
- How to break the cycle of stereotyping in the workplace.
Communication Et Cultural Differences
- Identifying personal behavioral styles
- Identifying others' behavioral styles
- The role of cultural differences
- Understanding other communication styles
Implementing diversity in your work place
Managing Diversity at Work
Best practice for a diverse working environment
Identify diversity issues in your organization that need to be addressed
About Etisalat Academy
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology