- Class Time
- Class Location
- Office Hours
- Teaching Assistant
- Discrete Mathematical Structures: Theory and Applications, D. Malik and M. K. Sen, Thomson Course Technology, 2004
- This course introduces discrete structures. Topics include basic logic, sets, relations, functions, proof techniques, counting methods, recursion, trees and graphs.
- CSC 122 & MATH 131 CO/PRE-REQUISITE.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze and evaluate logical propositions. [ABET a]
- Use logic sets and functions to solve problems. [ABET a]
- Apply counting methods, relations and recursion. [ABET a]
- Describe graph theory concepts. [ABET a]
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses