- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This Diploma in Technology (Building) is a multi-discipline programme designed to provide a fundamental academic base in the discipline of construction management, quatity surveying and property development needed in the construction industry. This programme focuses on planning, co-ordination and control of the construction project from inception till completion stage; managing financial issues of the project; managing the production of design, tender, contract and construction drawing including tender and contract documents; managing the selection of appropriate procurement system, contractual arrangement and tendering method which satisfies the client's needs in term of time, cost, quality and legal aspects; and managing the contractual issues based on general contract principles of Building Contract as well as general legal principles of Contract Law, Sale of Goods Act and Law of Tort. The programme will provide effective pathway for students to further their studies at degree level in the area of construction management.
- Upon completion of the programme, graduates can be employed as supervisory and/or executive levels personnel in managing the real property development projects from inception to post construction stages in construction and/or property development firms.
- Building Materials
- Construction Technology
- Technical Drawing
- IT and CAD
- Building Science and Services
- Site Surveying
- Building Maintenance Technology
- Mathematics for Construction
- Structural Studies
- Basic Soil Mechanics
- Principles of Management
- Site Supervision
- Construction Health & Safety
- Introduction to Economics
- Principles of Construction Economics
- Introduction to Law
- Principles of Malaysian Land Law
- Building Acts & Contracts
- Construction Finance Practice
- Measurement of Building Works
- Measurement of Civil Engineering Works
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses