- Locations: Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Duration: 2 Years
Covers a wide range of topics in analogue and digital electronics, microcontrollers, programming, semiconductor devices, introduction to integrated circuit layout, data communication and telecommunication. The programme trains students in fundamental of circuit analysis and design in electronics, computer networking and programming. It aims to develop students' analytical and logical skills as well as good hands-on skills
- Diploma graduates may be admitted into 2nd or Final Year of the relevant Bachelor Degree/ MEng programmes.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 5 credits which must include Additional Mathematics and a Science subject.
- Pass in Physics, Bahasa Malaysia and English Language
- 5 Grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics-Additional and a Science subject.
- Grade E in Physics and English Language
- 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and a Science subject.
- Grade C in Physics and English
- Relevant Certificate
- Electronics Technicians
- Embedded Systems Technicians
- Service and Maintenance Personnel
- Computer Systems Support Personnel
- Network Support Personnel
- Firmware Programmers
- Principles of Electric Circuits
- Digital Logic Principles I
- Digital Logic Principles II
- Circuits and Signals
- Analogue Electronics
- Data Communications and Networks
- Introduction to Integrated Circuit Layout
- Physics I
- Physics II
- Introduction to Semiconductor Devices and Fabrication
- Information Technology
- Introduction to Programming
- Principles of Information Systems
- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Web Design and Development
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Engineering Mathematics IV
- Engineering Mathematics V
- Engineering Mathematics VI
- Entrepreneurial Studies
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses