- Duration: 512 guided learning hours
The aim of the Diploma in Massage Therapies is to enable Candidates to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide a range of massage treatments for the purpose of relaxation and stress release.
This course includes:
- Massage techniques in classical and Swedish
- Health and hygiene and safety in the salon and spa
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology related to massage therapy
- Ethics, principles and practice for a complementary therapist
- Reception and stock control
- Professional etiquette
- Professional consultations and aftercare
- Product stock control, care and soft selling
The course consists of:
- Practical experience in the classroom, initially 4 days, with periodic assessments done via Skype or other media
- Online theory with virtual classroom or classroom attendance twice a week
- Mock exam
- Final theory and practical exam in the classroom, with external examiner from CIBTAC
- Must be able to read and write and understand English
- Course material can be translated into another language – please ask for details
- Commitment to study, practice and attend either online classes and/or classes
About The Healing Zone
The Healing Zone is committed to provide professional international qualifications in complementary therapies. ITEC qualifications are recognised in more than 38 countries and meet the new DHA standards and hours of training. Our staff are fully qualified and experienced therapists and teachers.
Our aim is to help you the student on this exciting adventure into complimentary health.
The Healing Zone was created by Anne Elizabeth Cook to support and guide clients and students to better health, naturally – opened in 1999 and now transformed into an AcademySee all The Healing Zone courses
Massage and Reflexology Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 12, 2016 Healthcare and Medical
I have matric and ancillary health certificate but i dont have life sciences andci want to do aux...
Unanswered //Aug 29, 2017 Healthcare and Medical
Hello, I would like to do the level 3 massage therapy course. My background is accounting but now...
Unanswered //Aug 27, 2017 Massage and Reflexology