- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This pragramme is catered for students who wish to develop a career in journalism. This programme equips students with basic and enhanced practical skills for fair, balanced and professional media reporting. Emphasis is also placed on experiential learning and the changing demands and developments in the media industry.
- Journalists and Sub-Editors
- Other Career Opportunities Include Researchers and Planners with Mass Media Organisations and Executive Writers in Large Organisations
- Graduates may be admitted into Year 2 of Bachelor of Communication (Honours) in Journalism.
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Introduction to Human Communication
- Chinese Writing for the Mass Media ORIntroduction to Drama
- Mass Media and Society
- Writing for the Electronic Media
- Journalism I
- Public Relations
- Introduction to Electronic Publishing
- Malaysia: Cultural & Religious Practices
- Journalism II
- The Malaysian Mass Media
- Communication Law
- Translation : BM, English & Chinese ORTranslation : BM & English
- Media Ethics
- Copy Editing
- Malaysia & International Relations
- Production and Publication
- Malaysian Constitutional Framework & Policies
- Chinese Creative Writing OR Creative Writing
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for Communication, Social & Work Etiquette, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, English for IELTS, Co-curricular
- Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any semester of the study
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses