- Locations: Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Duration: 2 Years
This programme equips students with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills in interactive software technology. Students will acquire knowledge and practical skills in the C++ language, XHTML, DirectX, assembly language, and the development of 2D games. This programme focuses on training students in the development of interactive software, particularly in the areas of computer games technology, education, training, business, mass media, simulation and edutainment.
Academic Progression to Overseas Universities
- Diploma graduates may be admitted into 2nd or Final Year of the relevant Bachelor Degree programmes.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- 5 credits which must include Additional Mathematics.
- Pass in Bahasa Malaysia and English Language
- 5 Grade C in the relevant subjects which must include Mathematics-Additional.
- Grade E in English Language
- 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics/Advanced Mathematics (I or II).
- Grade C in English
- Graduates can seek employment at a semi-professional level in companies involved in the areas of game development, educational software development, as well as programming and web development.
- Information Technology
- Programming Concepts and Design I
- Programming Concepts and Design II
- Games Technology
- Computer Game Studies
- Web Development
- Computer Game Development
- Electronic Commerce
- Computer Game Programming I
- Analysis and Design of IS
- Analysis and Design of IS Case Study
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++
- Database Development and Applications
- Computer Systems Architecture
- 2D Game Development Workshop
- Calculus and Algebra
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematics for Games Technology I
- Mathematics for Games Technology II
- Behavioural Science
- Business Organisation and Management
About TARC University College
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses