- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The tourism industry in Malaysia is one of the fastest growing industries with significant contributions to the national economy. As the sector grows, there will be a greater emphasis and commitment to expand and improve tourism products and services. This programme will involve students in context of travel-related business, such as marketing, foreign languages and convention and meeting management. Special emphasis is placed on the development of interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills. Graduates would have developed a mature understanding of their field through lecture, class discussion, case studies, field trip as well as industrial attachment.
- Tourism Industry, e.g. Work in Travel Agencies, Tourist Attractions, Resorts and Hotels
- Administrators, Planners or Executives, Tour Leaders in the Industry
- Research and Development, Tourism Marketing, Eco-tourism, Tourist Attraction, Conferences, Exhibition Centres and Travel Agencies
- Graduates may be admitted into Year 2 of Bachelor of Tourism Management(Honours).
- Economics for Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Travel Industry
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Hospitality Accounting
- Introduction to Transportation Services
- Principles of Tourism
- Geography of Travel & Tourism Industry
- Principles of Ticketing, Fares & International Travel
- Basic Management Principles
- Travel Agency and Tour Operations
- Tourism Planning
- Hospitality Law
- Principles of Service Marketing & Management
- Convention & Meeting Management
- The Management of International Tourism
- Industrial Attachment
- Development and Management of Visitor Attractions
- Tourism in South East Asia
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Social & Work Etiquette, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, French Language I / Japanese Language I / Korean Language I, English for Communication, French Language II / Japanese Language II / Korean Language II, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular
- Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any long semester of the study
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses