- Duration 2 Years
- Locations Jalan Genting Kelang 53300 Setapak Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The foodservice sector continue to play an important role in generating income and employment for Malaysia. As the government continues to support in upgrading various infrastructure facilities to attract more tourists to Malaysia, the industry needs to focus on providing leading edge foodservice facilities to complement local organisations in Malaysia, as well as foreign tourists and world-class companies. This programme will provide students with a critical understanding of the foodservice sector and the issues that underpin consumer choice. Theory and practical are intergrated throughout the programme.
- Resort Areas and Other Catering Outlets Throught the Country
- Food Court Operations, Restaurant Chains, Franchise Restaurants, Independent Restaurants, Hotel Food and Beverage Departments
- Graduates may be admitted into Year 2 of Bachelor of Hospitality and Catering Management(Honours).
- Economics for Hospitality Industry
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Kitchen Management & Sanitation
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Hospitality Accounting
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Food Ingredients & Basic Cooking Methods
- Food and Beverage Cost Control
- Basic Chemistry
- Western Food Preparation
- Catering Systems and Operation
- Baking & Pastry
- Food Chemistry
- Nutrition II
- Catering & Employment Law
- Eastern Food Preparation
- Principles of Service Marketing & Management
- Event Management
- Industrial Attachment
- Food and Beverage Service
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for Communication, French Language I / Japanese Language I, Social & Work Etiquette, French Language II / Japanese Language II, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular
- Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any semester of the study
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR University College’), formerly known as Tunku Abdul Rahman College (‘TAR College’), is a premier institution of higher learning in Malaysia set up in 1969 by the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) to provide quality and affordable tertiary education to Malaysians.
TAR College was named after the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Allahyarham YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj and set up to complement and supplement the efforts of the Malaysian Government to meet the current and future manpower needs of the nation.
It has since been successfully upgraded to University College on 2 May 2013, opening up a new vista for the University College to explore and to develop further in the sphere of academia.See all TARC University College courses