The mission of the computer graphic design and animation program is to provide students with knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of graphic design and animation to improve our students' skills for creative arts and designs disciplines, which will enable them to work successfully as leaders in the world of graphic design and animation.
All Computer Graphic Design and Animation Graduates will have the abilities to:
- Create graphics both in digital and print media that will be useful to consumers (e.g. letters, invitations, posters, report covers, logos).
- Use imagination and visual memory to mix both electronic arts and traditional design skills.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to become an entry-level designer.
- Employ professional level typesetting principles to produce signs, brochures, magazines, and newsletters to communicate quickly, clearly, and efficiently with the surrounding communities.
- Collect feedback from different sources and manipulate special effects and production technologies to images.
- Use the right material with a good eye to aesthetic design and flair of color for prepress production and internet publishing.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to become a 3D character animator, modeler, and story-boarder.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to inform, instruct, and persuade through communications media.
- Employ the essential requirements to design a 3D model that meets the customer's desires.
- Demonstrate the old and new techniques and features of Computer Graphic Design and Animation technology.
- Plan, manipulate, and setup a short-realistic animation production.
- Employ the analytical tools and relevant techniques to integrate the interactive graphics systems.
- All applicants for ECT's programs must achieve a recognized and official secondary school certificate, or its equivalent, showing successful completion of secondary education.
- Throughout your Diploma Programs you will receive career guidance from our expert staff and Student Affairs Dept.
- You will gain valuable new skills which prepare you for work, graduate entry into management training programmes, or further study.
Professional occupations for which graduates are prepared in the program:
- Art Director
- Visual Communicator
- Graphic Designer
- Advertising Designer
- Web & Multimedia Designer
- Games & Entertainment Designer
- 2D & 3D Animator
- Film Animator
- Printing Designer
- Journalism Designer
- Images Manipulator
About Emirates College of Technology
Located at the heart of the rapidly evolving Abu Dhabi city, the Emirates College of Technology was established in 1993 following recognition by the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education. Established to keep up with the technical and business developments of contemporary life, today, Emirates College of Technology has established itself as one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions in the region.
In addition to offering Diploma programs in a wide array of specialties. The Institute is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, United Arab Emirates. Emirates College of Technology takes pride in its faculty who come from 16 different countries across the globe and is recognized for significant contributions to the development of knowledge, professional service, teaching, and mentoring. Giving due respect to the culture of the region, classes are held across three campuses, separate for Males and Females.
At Emirates College of Technology, we know that a student’s involvement outside the classroom is an essential part of the college experience. Our students enjoy a vibrant campus community, where they build life-long friendships and indulge in various social, cultural and sporting events that help them develop into professionals with well-rounded personalities.
From another perspective, the offered programs and future ones provide a good chance to students who would prefer studying in the country than to go abroad. Emirates College of Technology has also made it possible for its graduates to continue their higher studies in Bachelor programs in the college or at local, Arab and Western Universities; in Canada, USA and other countries as well. With a high quality curriculum, outstanding faculty and top-notch infrastructure and facilities, we welcome students to dream, to share their unique gifts and talents, and to take pride in knowing they are part of a rich tradition.See all Emirates College of Technology courses